St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Ironton, Missouri
St. Paul’s Episcopal Mission was organized on April 13, 1869. Plans for a church building were begun the next spring. Episcopalians, members of other denominations, and other non church people helped generously with money, supplies, wild land, and labor. Judge John W. Emerson gave the lots and supplied the plans and detailed drawings for the gothic-in-wood structure.
The distinctive roof and belfrey, majestic ceiling, wide-board floor, hand hewn pews, and deep-toned bell are as they were in 1870. The original windows have been re-leaded and have had some new panes-except for the circular Nativity window, which has never suffered any damage.
Viewed 316 times as of October 16, 2012