This 172m long bridge, the second at this vicinity, is a truss design (using iron bark and steel) with 3 main spans supported by concrete pylons. It was completed in 1915 after the Public Works Department took over from a contractor during whose time one of the pylons and a span had collapsed – the collapsed pylon is still there and is just visible in this shot lying in the water. The bridge has since been renovated and the original local red beech decking replaced with South American “Purpleheart” hardwood.
Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand
Nikon D300 | Nikon 18-200VR @ 24 mm
1/80s f/14 ISO400 | Raw