These pylons are the sole remains of the old 200 meter long jetty built in 1860 to replace one that had proved too short and too low and of which even less remains today. Port Willunga was then a thriving port as the nearby Willunga slate quarries were operating in the 1860’s and 1870’s and also for the export of wheat, but quickly became redundant when the demand for slate declined. In 1914 a storm ripped out the middle of this newer jetty and then a another storm in 1915 washed away most of what the remained (sources 1 and 2 ).
South Australia, Australia
Nikon D300 | Nikon 18-200VR @ 18mm
1/200s f/14 ISO250| Raw