Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The cathedral, then called State Cathedral, was constructed with building materials wholly imported from France and completed in 1880 except for the bell towers which were added in 1895. The statue of Regina Pacis (Our Lady of Peace) in the garden in front of the cathedral was installed in 1959 and it was only then that the cathedral came to be known as the Saigon Notre Dame.
Nikon D800E | Nikon 24-85VR @ 28mm
f/9 1/1000s ISO400 | Raw
Featured in Living Christianity (29 October 2013)
Featured in 100% (31 October 2013)
Featured in Featured Photographers (7 January 2014)