Spinalonga Island, north of the Kolokytha Peninsula. The island has a ruined but still comely Venetian fortress that was built in 1579 to protect Elounta Bay. But what makes Spina-longa so blood-tingling is the truth that hides behind its nickname, ‘the Island of the Living Dead’. A leper colony until 1953 when the last leper died, the island that has been uninhabited ever since, gives a chilling sensation with its cemetery with the open graves.
18-55mm with an IR Filter