The High Level Bridge, opened in 1913, spans the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Located next to the Alberta Legislature Building, the bridge linked the separate communities of Edmonton and Strathcona, which became one city in 1912. It was designed from the outset to accommodate rail, streetcar, automobile and pedestrian traffic. The bridge was designated a Municipal Historic Resource in 1995.1 Trucks are prohibited on the bridge due to the low clearance of 3.2 m (10’6") and substandard lane width. Currently the street traffic only travels southbound, at the north end of the bridge 109 Street becomes the left lane, and 110 Street becomes the right lane. The next bridge downstream, the Walterdale Bridge, is a two-lane bridge only traveling north into the downtown.