One of the many pretty windows of the Glebe Gallery near Letterkenny in Donegal, Ireland.
St. Columba House and the Glebe Gallery are situated 8 kilometres from Letterkenny on the shores of Lough Gartan. The House was originally a Church of Ireland Rectory and became the long time home of the late artist Derek Hill in the 1950’s. In 1980, Hill presented the house, grounds and his art collection to the State.
The House is beautifully decorated in period furniture and wallpapers designed by William Morris. The Glebe Gallery was built beside the house and contains the Derek Hill Collection of Victorian and 20th Century art works, including ceramics by Picasso. The Irish element of the collection is noted for its Tory Island paintings and works by Louis Le Brocquy.
St. Columb’s House and the Glebe Gallery are open at Easter and from the end of May to the end of September each year.
Panasonic Lumix TZ30