The ivy clad ruins of Rathmullan Priory built circa 1508 by Rory Mac Sweeney Fanad and presented to Carmelite Friar Mac Sweeny of Connacht in 1516. It was plundered by George Bingham in 1595 and used as barracks by Ralph Bingly in 1601. In 1618 the nave (western portion) was adapted as a castle and used as a residence by Bishop Knox. Its garrison repulsed the Jacobite rebellion in 1689. The chancel (eastern end) of the church was used as a parish church until it was abandoned in 1814.
There is a very interesting graveyard attached to the Priory, with the gravestones standing on the shores of Lough Swilly in Co Donegal, Ireland.
Panasonic Lumix TZ30