These guns were placed in near this locations on October 1880 as part of the defences of Wollongong Harbour. they fired a 31 kg solid shot up to a range of 1600 metres and were manned y the local citizens of NSW volunntary artillery
Being desused by 1900.
They were recovered and preserved at the Army Reserve and Naval Reserve
Cadets depot during 1959 and restored and relocated at this site bty Wollongong City Council in conjuction with Heritage Week 1983
(plaque in site)