The village of Craster owes its name to the Craster family.
The first mention of the family is reference to William de Craucetr holding the estate in 1272.
Craster Tower, listed in a survey of forts carried out in 1415, is a strong rectangular stone 15th century tower, of two storeys with a vaulted basement.
The present building has been little changed since that date.
It was the Craster family who built the present harbour in 1906 in memory of Captain John Craster who was killed during active service in India, in 1904.
Today Craster is best known for its kippers, L Robson and Sons Ltd have supplied the Royal Family in the past.
The kippers and smoked salmon are prepared in the traditional method of oak smoking.
Their kippers and salmon are delivered next day to all parts of the UK mainland and can also be purchased either from their shop, locally and ordered online.
Canon EOS 40D