East Troy Railroad, the last vestige of Wisconsin’s once broad network of electric interurban railways.
Concentrated in the southeastern quarter of the State this network once totaled approximately 385 miles of track. Most of the interurban mileage was built 1890 and 1910; the last interurban passenger in the State was carried in 1963 by The North Shore Line. The East Troy Interurban Line, formerly a part of The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company,
carried passengers between East Troy and Milwaukee from 1907 until 1939. Since 1939 the 6 mile line has existed as a railroad freight connection for the village of East Troy.