From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Treasurer’s House in York, North Yorkshire, England is an historic house owned by the National Trust. In medieval times it was the home of treasurers of York Minster. It served in this capacity until 1547, after which it passed through a number of private owners. The present house bears little resemblance to the original structure as there has been much rebuilding. The house was restored to its present state by Frank Green, a wealthy local industrialist, between 1897 and 1930. The house and its contents were given to the National Trust in 1930, when its owner retired and moved away from York. Legend has it that, when a work man was repairing the plumbing in the cellars, he saw a frightening apparition of a group of Roman legionaries marching past.
Pentax K10D 18-55mm