Slingsby Church Window by Trevor Kersley

Cards

Size:
$3.50
Available to buy on…


Standing next to the ruins of Slingsby Castle, this substantial village church was rebuilt, with no expense spared, in 1869 on the site of its mediaeval predecessor. Containing fine windows by Clayton and Bell, unusual open-backed pews, a 17th century altar from the previous church and a memorial to an early 14th century knight.

Tags

windows, church, interior, north, yorkshire, hovingham, slingsby

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait