|Small Greeting Card||Large Greeting Card||Postcard|
|4" x 6"||5" x 7.5"||4" x 6"|
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St Olave’s (pronounced Olive) is an Anglican church in York, England. It is situated on Marygate by St Mary’s Abbey.
The church is situated within St Mary’s Abbey walls, which was ruined in the Dissolution of the Monasteries. It is dedicated to St Olaf, patron saint of Norway. It is thought to have been founded by Earl Siward of Northumbria before the Norman Conquest. Earl Siward is reputedly buried within the church grounds.
The church was heavily damaged during the Siege of York during the Civil War when a cannon was placed on the church roof. The church was severely restored in the 18th century, and a new chancel was added in 1887-9 by George Fowler Jones, a York architect. This contains the five-light 15th-century east window.
Maintained by English Heritage.
Pentax K10D 18-55mm
1/45 f5.6 ISO 100 focal 26mm