Embsay railway station is a railway station on the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway. It serves the small village of Embsay in North Yorkshire, England. The station is a terminus on the railway and was re-opened in 1981.The original station was opened on 1 October 1888 by the Midland Railway and was modernised by the London, Midland and Scottish railway (LMS), and closed as part of the Beeching Axe on 22 March 1965. The station was re-opened by the Yorkshire Dales Railway (Embsay Railway) on 22 February 1981. It was brought back to its former glory in the days of the LMS.