Killick Mill, Meopham, Kent. UK
Situated at an idilic villiage green in Meopham with three pubs, a Circket pitch and a windmill. Awesome for a day’s shoot and refreshments and stories from the locals in the pub.
Camera, Nikon D700 with 28-300mm Nikon Lense.
ISO 200, f/11, 1/250th sec, 68mm.
Wikipedia Information on Killick’s Mill was built in 1801 by three brothers named Killick from Strood. Unusually, the mill is hexagonal in plan. Most smock mills are octagonal in plan. The mill was run by the Killick family until 1889 when it was sold to the Norton family. The mill last worked by wind in 1929, and then by oil engine and electric motor until the 1965. The mill was acquired by Kent County Council in 1960 and restored by E Hole and Sons, the Burgess Hill millwrights at a cost of £4,375.
Killick’s Mill appeared briefly in stock footage used in an episode of The Prisoner titled The Girl Who Was Death which was filmed in 1967 and first shown in 1968.