Winchester New Hampshire USA
The Ashuelot covered bridge is considered by local historians to be one of New Hampshire’s most elaborate covered bridges. The original purpose of the bridge was to transport wood across the river for use by the Ashuelot Railroad. The railroad had a station in the village of Ashuelot. This structure has also been called the Village Bridge or Village Station Bridge. Some sources credit Nicholas Powers as the builder. It was built in 1864.
Canon EOS 20D 19mm f/5.6 ISO-100 PSPx4
National Register of Historic Places :
Ashuelot Covered Bridge (added 1981 #81000069) NH 119 and Bolton Rd. , Ashuelot
Image Copyright© DJFlorek all rights reserved