Alto Vista Chapel island of Aruba
The Alto Vista is situated alone near Aruba"s northwestern corner, the tiny church barely sticks up out of the sand and cactus and shrub, the landscape resembles the ragged emptiness of Curacao.
The church was rebuilt two times, once in 1831 and again in 1886. A final renovation to this historical site was accomplished in 1916. Today, the church is most famous for its solid oak, hand-carved altar, a work of art accomplished in classic neo-gothic design. The alter won an exhibition award in Rome in 1870, and was later given to Santa Ana Church by the Antonius church in Scheveningen, the Netherlands.
FEATURED : Historic Sites
Canon EOS 20D 23mm ~ F/10.0 ~ ISO-100
Architectural heritage of the Caribbean historic buildings – Alto Vist Chapel pg85
Aruba National Commission For Unesco : Jun 24, 2009 IV.2.8 Historic Buildings Bureau /Monumentenbureau Spanish priest built the Chapel of Alto Vista. In 1777
E definicion di cultura cu UNESCO ta mantene a keda acepta dia 6 di augustus 1982 durante e Conferencia Mundial riba Politica Cultural y ta encera lo siguiente
Image Copyright©DJFlorek all rights reserved