The Green Cape Lighthouse is located at the tip of Green Cape. This is a headland on the northern boundary of Disaster Bay in southern New South Wales in the Ben Boyd National Park, Australia. It is the southernmost lighthouse in New South Wales. It is also Australia’s first lighthouse built of concrete. It is 29 metres (95 feet) high and the second tallest lighthouse in New South Wales.
According to Wikipedia the light was first lit on 1 November 1883. In 1992 a solar powered lens on a modern lattice skeletal steel tower was constructed right next to the historic tower. The original tower light was officially turned off on 17 March 1992.