Built by G. Higgs from Nassau for Glen Stewart in 1945 the Stewart Mansion "was marvelous—something out of the ordinary that had never been built here. It had arches and drag molding, and instead of tile floors it had floors of limestone cut on the island of Eleuthera.
Legend has it that Mr. Stewart left for emergency medical tests and never returned. The story goes on to say that the table was sumptuously set with dinner when the entire family vanished. Echoes of the Marie Celeste.