Above Pateley Bridge, nr Harrogate in Yorkshire UK, is Scar House Reservoir. It feeds the thirsty population of Bradford.
It was started in 1922 when a complete village was constructed, including a hospital a gym and a cinema, to house the hundreds of people and their families employed on its construction. It was finally finished in 1937 and the village dismantled.
This image was taken at dawn from the top of the dam looking down the valley towards Gouthwaite.