Grunge interpretation of Fingal Head Lighthouse, NSW Australia.
Erected in 1872, the original Fingal Head Lighthouse consisted of a light mounted on a wooden platform, supported by timber logs. In 1878 it was replaced by the one seen in this image. Built of sandstone and standing at only seven metres tall (although its light stands 24 metres above sea level), the Fingal Head Lighthouse originally used a kerosene wick burner with a fixed white light of 1,000 candelas. In 1920 the light-source was changed to acetylene with an output of 1,500 candelas and became automated and altered to group flashing. In 1980 it was finally converted to electricity flashing a single flash every five seconds. The Fingal Head Lighthouse is located on the southern head of the Tweed River, which divides New South Wales and Queensland.