South Dakota’s first U.S. Federal Courthouse is still in operation in downtown Sioux Falls. The building was constructed in the Romanesque style of native Sioux quartzite, as were many of Sioux Falls’ early public structures. Construction of the building began in 1892 and was completed in 1895. The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
18 November 2012
Read more on the history of the Sioux Falls federal building HERE.
Featured in Preserving History – 25 January 2013