Sioux Falls, S.D. (USA) – Historic Central Fire Station was built in 1912 in downtown Sioux Falls.
23 April 2011
Central Fire Station, located at the corner of 9th Street and Minnesota Avenue, has been witness to over a century of history and played a key part in keeping the city of Sioux Falls safe during those years. Designed by Joseph Schwartz, the building has an Italianate style and was completed in 1912. Teams of horse-drawn apparatus once galloped out of the same doors that today’s modern trucks use on a daily basis. Along with being on the National Historic Register, Central Fire Station holds the honor as the oldest working fire station west of the Mississippi.