|Small Greeting Card||Large Greeting Card||Postcard|
|4" x 6"||5" x 7.5"||4" x 6"|
Fort Sisseton, South Dakota (USA). This civil war-era army post was originally named Fort Wadsworth. The name was changed because a Fort Wadsworth already existed on Staten Island near New York.
Fort Sisseton was restored in 1939 by the state of South Dakota and the federal Works Progress Administration.
At far left in the far background is the Quartermaster’s Office. The building center left is the Guard House. The main entrance leads into the fort at the front of the building. The structure at right is the Adjutant’s Office. The Magazine is directly behind it (not seen) and is where the troops stored ammo at the fort.
9 July 2011