A Desk in the Smalleytown Schoolhouse at East Olde Jersey Village located in Piscataway New Jersey. Old Smalleytown School — The old Smalleytown School was built of fieldstone c. 1800 in Warren Township. In 1842, the township acquired the land. The structure to the left was a stagecoach stop c. 1790. During the 1870s and 1880s, the Reverend David D. Smalley III taught forty pupils in this one-room schoolhouse. Closed in 1885, the building was a private home until it was removed in 1976 to Olde Towne Village in Piscataway.