This sumptuous Russian Orthodox cathedral was built under the last Tsar Nicolas II between 1903 and 1912 in Nice on the French Riviera. It was inaugurated on December 1912 and is considerated one of the most magnificent Russian Orthodox Cathedrals outside Russia. This church has six onion domes and is built on the form of a Greek cross. The exterior is richly decorated in mosaîc. The interior contains superb treasures of icons. Russian began arriving in Nice in 1850 . There is still a large Russian population here.