This sumptuous Russian Orthodox cathedral
was built under the last Tsar Nicolas II
between 1903 and 1912 in Nice on
the French Riviera.
It was inaugurated on December 1912 and
is considerated one of the most magnificent
Russian Orthodox Cathedrals outside Russia.
This church has six onion domes and is built
on the form of a Greek cross.
The exterior is richly decorated in mosaîc.
The interior contains superb treasures of icons.
Russian began arriving in Nice in 1850 .
There is still a large Russian population here.