Begun in 1860 as a Cannon Battery for the protection of Melbourne and Geelong from invaders on the water, this fort is a magnificent piece of Australian History…
By 1863 locals volunteers to man the three 68 pounder smooth bore muzzle loading ( ML ) cannon. By 1880 an Upper Battery and a Lower Batter were added with extra fire power.
Searchlights were added in 1886 to provide night-time illumination of targets.
In 1912 the fort achieved greater range and fire power…
The fort is currently home to the Soldier Career Management Agency, continuing the Queenscliff Military Tradition from 1860 to this present day.
( information taken from the viewing history board at the entrance to the fort )
Taken with a Panasonic Lumix G2 using a 14 – 42mm Four Thirds lens with
a touch of HDR ( x2 images ) using Dynamic Photo HDR.