Please read regarding changes to my reprint offerings, as of 2013
I don’t usually plan my work. It just kind of happens. The experience of making art is sometimes like watching my hands paint and draw; the meanings that people find in my work appear to come from a subconscious place. I never plan to paint a peanut with a suitcase, or a big chicken drinking coffee, for example. Even when I do intentionally repeat a theme or character in my work, something surprising always emerges in the finished piece.
Sometimes I’ll stare at a piece until the idea to add an object, an extension cord, crown, or suitcase, occurs to me. I used to believe that I was just adding these details to entertain myself, but listening to others talk about what the details mean to them, I realize that my work has several possible meanings, like an ink blot. The response to my work is like a peek into the human psyche, both mine and anyone else’s who care to tell me what they see.
(All work © Cindy Schnackel, all rights reserved. See further copyright and social media info at end of this profile.)
My public Face Book page
Wordpress Blog, mostly art topics and new work
My Blogspot page; mostly art topics and techniques
artbycindy (at) live.com
Copyright and Social Media Info
- All work of mine, here or from other sources, is © (copyright) Cindy Schnackel, all rights reserved. My work is protected under U.S. Copyright laws including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and international conventions, e.g the Berne Convention.
- My work is not in the public domain, regardless where it is found. (It’s not true that google, bing, or any other search results are in the public domain; public display is not the same thing as public domain.)
- Purchase does not transfer copyrights.
- None of my material from any source may be used, altered, reproduced, etc, by any means, without my express permission.
- Removal of, or obscuring, etc, copyright information, signature, initials, digital information, metadata, watermarks, etc, is strictly prohibited by law.
- Due to its problems with attribution and/or other copyright issues, I do not permit pinning of my work to Pinterest or similar sites that present the same problems. Sadly, the model on these sites is giving ‘sharing’ a bad name.
- My material is NOT for free illustrations, ads, or avatars, etc.
- Attribution and sharing: Like many artists, credited and linked back true sharing may be under our radars most of the time, but is not the same thing as permission.
- Unattributed uses/‘sharing’, even if not commercial, will result in DMCA takedowns.
- I have not at this time given any permission for my work to be used as illustration, ads, avatars, political ads, promotions, etc. Any such uses are without my permission, knowledge, or endorsement.
- I have not at this time licensed my work to any of the sites people look to for clip art, etc, so any appearances of my work on such sites is illegal.
Copyright do’s and don’ts, for artists and art lovers alike, in the link below, e.g. the crucial difference between “public place” and “public domain,” what is and isn’t “fair use,” etc. Good info for us all. Thank you.
The Copyright Protection Group