St. John’s Episcopal Church, also known as “Church of the Presidents” because of its close proximity to the White House, held its first service in 1816. From that time to the present, every person who has held the Office of the President of the United States has attended a regular or occasional service at St. John’s. Pew 54 is the President’s Pew, and is reserved for the Chief Executive’s use when in attendance (President Obama and his family attended Easter services at St. John’s earlier this year).
This is a photograph of the chandelier that hangs over the pews in St. John’s Episcopal Church.
Camera: Canon Rebel XTi 400D
(ISO: 800; SS: 1/125; AV: 4.0; Lens: 17-85mm)