Here in the Australian state of Victoria it is now winter and observing live insects in the garden is not easy.
I found this dead Bee and what I thought were eggs and decided to include them in a studio shot.
I have recently started experimenting with the process of Image Stacking.
As the program DSLRRemotePro started taking the first of 140 shots I realised the eggs were in fact small Shield Bugs about 1.5 mm in size.
The program automatically changes the focus ring slightly (medium setting) after each shot.
I most likely saved their lives because it rained outside while the session was in progress. The leaves had deep pools of water in them and the bugs would have certainly drowned.
They were released back to the same bush where I found them when the session was finished.
Camera Body: 7D.
Lens: 100 mm 2.8 L Macro.
Camera Settings: F2.8 @ 1/4 – ISO 100.
Flash: EX580 II.
Flash Settings: Manual; Output 1/64 bounced into a reflector.
Photoshop CS5: Processed RAW images.
ZereneStacker: Stacked the resulting 16 Bit files.