Built in 1775, St Matthew’s was replaced by a new building nearby sometime late 19th century. The old church was then used as a mortuary chapel until the 1960s, when a storm damaged the building. Demolition loomed, but the tower was saved and now stands like a land-locked lighthouse, keeping watch over the souls at rest below. In the care of The Friends Of Friendless Churches. Any proceeds received from Redbubble as a result of product sales of this image will be passed onto the Friends.
Pen and ink wash.