in Artists Universe 31-05-2012
Camera: Canon EOS 400D, Lens: @ 26mm, ISO: 200, Aperture: f 6.3, Shutter: 1/250
Taken heading up the Canongate section of the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Canongate forms the lower, eastern half of the Royal Mile in Edinburgh’s historic Old Town. Until formal incorporation into Edinburgh in 1856, Canongate was a separate burgh. The eastern end of the Canongate is known as the Holyrood area of the city. Canongate Burgh Cross in the grounds of the Canongate Kirk. The Canongate is named after the canons of Holyrood Abbey and the Scots word gait meaning “road” (echoed in the name of the pub on the street “The Canon’s Gait”).