in Glitter, Sparkle & Shine 02-03-2012
in Artists Universe 02-03-2012
in Australian Capital Cities 24-03-2012
in Neighbours – The Aussies and the Kiwis 22-09-2012
in the Australian Capital Cities – Interior Shot Challenge 10-10-2012
Camera: Canon EOS 400D, Lens: @ 17mm. ISO: 200, Aperture: f4, Shutter: 1/6,
Part of the State Library of Victoria in Melbourne, Australia, the building is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register (Ho253) and by the National Trust of Australia (B427). This gallery was originally known as the Stawell Gallery, built in 1892 for the National Gallery of Victoria. In 1968, the European paintings on display were moved to the new National Gallery in St Kilda Road. The Stawell Gallery then became part of the Museum of Victoria until 1996. This space was then renovated and reopened to the public in November 2003, and has also been renamed the Cowan Gallery. It now occupies three rooms on the library’s first floor, next to the Domed reading Room. It houses a permanent exhibition of 150 paintings and sculptures, drawn from the Library’s Pictures Collection, the oldest visual documentary collection in Australia.