in Beach, River and Lake Treasures 23-09-2011
Camera: Canon EOS 400D, Lens: @ 17mm, ISO: 200, Aperture: f8, Shutter: 1/125
Taken looking under the Tweed Bridge in Peebles, Scotland. The bridge is the only road crossing over the River Tweed in the town. The original structure of the bridge dates from the 15th century. Until the 18th century it was the only bridge crossing of the Tweed above Kelso. It was rebuilt in 1663 using stone from the ruined St Andrew’s Church, and it had additional arches added in 1799, by John Hislop; it was widened twice – from 8ft to 21 ft in 1834 by John and Thomas Smith and from 21 ft to 40ft in 1900 by McTaggart, Cowan & Barker. As seen in this image, all the widening can be clearly seen underneath.