in Cover Shots 26-06-2013
Camera: Canon EOS 50D, Lens: @ 115mm, ISO: 100, Aperture: f8, Shutter: 1/250
Taken from the middle of the bridge across St James’ Park Lake in London, England, looking over to the Horse Guards Parade and the rooftops of Whitehall. St James Park is perhaps the loveliest of London’s nine Royal Parks. The area was originally a swamp, subject to flooding from the Tyburn Stream which still flows through the lake. It’s 40 hectares were fist made into a park with a rigidly formal design in 1660. Charles II had a long canal excavation from the watery land and introduced the geese, pelicans and waterfowl which are still there today. The park was completely designed by John Nash in 1828 in the English landscape style. The new bridge was built across the lake in 1956 and gives excellent views to the Horse Guards Parade and Whitehall.