BEST VIEWED LARGER
Taken at Ugbrooke Park, which is a country house located in a valley between Exeter and Newton Abbot in Devon, England. It dates back over 900 years, having featured in the Domesday Book. Before the Reformation the land belonged to the Church and the house was occupied by Precentors to the Bishop of Exeter. It has been the seat of the Clifford family for over four hundred years, and the owners have held the title Baron Clifford of Chudleigh since 1672. The house and grounds were remodelled by Robert Adam and Capability Brown in the second half of the 18th century. The house and gardens are open to the public for a limited number of days each summer.
In 1882, The Hon. William Clifford, son of Lord Clifford of Ugbrooke, Chudleigh, bought a large amount of agricultural land in the Marlborough region of New Zealand and built a mansion named after the family home. Ugbrooke, New Zealand, is New Zealand’s largest privately owned single storey house.
The mansion, covering 10,000 square feet (930 m2), changed ownership in 1897 when, after some financial hardship, The Hon. William Clifford sold the property to his cousin, Henry Vavasour. Ugbrooke subsequently became the home of the Vavasour family of Marlborough for three generations until 1992.
This was an open day in aid of the RNLI.
where they had lots of things going on including the Wardour Garrison
This is a capture of a Pikeman.
Edited from Raw in CS3 with three textures and some tweaking.Finished off in Picasa 3.
Camera used Pentax K200D.
Thank you for viewing