May all this remain undefiled by the stains of the eight mundane concerns; And may I, recognizing all things as illusion, devoid of clinging, be released from bondage.
This last one sounds very esoteric, especially the reference to the “eight mundane concerns” so I have included them here to help with understanding this last verse. The reference to “bondage” means the “bondage” of being ruled by these eight “mundane concerns”
- Craving for pleasures of the six senses.
- Craving to be free of the unpleasant.
- Craving to hear sweet ego-pleasing words or sounds.
- Craving to not hear ugly, displeasing words or sounds.
- Craving to acquire material things.
- Craving to avoid losing or not obtaining material things.
- Craving for personal praise and admiration.
- Craving to avoid personal slander, blame and criticism.
FURTHER JOURNAL ENTRIES IN THIS SERIES: