Part 1: Select the Image for the Graphic-Link
1. Right-Click on the Thumbnail of the image you want to use as a Graphic-Link.
You will get a drop-down menu, choose PROPERTIES.
2. The “Properties Dialogue Box” will appear, now use your mouse to SELECT (highlight) the html (“Address/URL”) of the image. This is the bit that looks like:
http/ blah blah blah.jpg
If you can’t find it, it is the bit that ends with .JPG
3. Right-Click and select COPY from the drop-down menu.
4. Goto the forum or Bmail or wherever you want to post the Graphic-Link.
5. Right-Click in the Text Box and select PASTE from the drop-down menu.
6. Put a " ! " at the start and the end of the pasted html.
It will look like this, but WITHOUT the spaces:
6a. Save this post, so you can come back to it later to complete the Graphic-Link.
Part 2: Select the Address you want to link to.
7. Goto the page or image you want link to.
8. SELECT and COPY the Address from the Address Bar in your browser.
It will look like this:
9. Return to the post where you want to create the Graphic Link.
10.Put a " : " (a colon) immediately after the Image URL, then Right-Click and PASTE the Address/URL from Step 8 above.
It will look like this, but (you know it…)WITHOUT the spaces:
The result looks like this:
A NOTE FOR MAC USERS…
Mac users (generally) only have a single button mouse. You can use the following technique to access URL addresses neccessary for these techniques:
- Hold down the CTRL key and then click on the image.
- The drop down menu will now appear.
- Click on COPY IMAGE ADDRESS.
- Follow rest of the process as described in each Tutorial.
If you are still having problems, check out this completely-neat-sweet-cheat-sheet by WEBGRRL