The Capital Brewing Company was started By Leopold Schmidt below Tumwater Falls on the Deschute River in 1896. In 1902 the name was changed to the Olympia Brewing Co. and in 1906 this 6 story brick brewhouse and adjoining ice house were constructed. The company was owned and operated by the Schmidt family up to 1982; surviving prohibition by selling bottled water, near beer, apple and fruit ciders. In 82 the company was sold and finally closed in 2003 due to its limited brewing capacity.
5 shot hdr image processed in Photomatix and Photoshop.
Nikon D-300, Nikkor 18 – 70mm lens at 27mm