The Diamond T Motor Car Company, formed by Charles Tilt in 1905, custom built passenger cars by hand in the rear of a small one-story garage in Chicago the first 6 years of operation. In 1911, Diamond T discontinued its passenger line and switched exclusively to building trucks. Diamond T was responsible for many advances in truck design; among these were a faster six cylinder engine and air cushioned pneumatic tires. During World War II, Diamond T produced more than 50,000 heavy duty military vehicles for our armies. Another American Classic design was Diamond T’s fire trucks. Digitally manipulated photograph. Photographed on Hwy. 71 in Mena, Arkansas. Owner – Carl Osthoff – Hatfield, Arkansas.
This image is COPYRIGHT REGISTERED~~ALL RIGHTS RESERVED~~MCN:CXT12-KJ6G3-UWNWJ