ROAD TESTING RB’S NEW HOMEPAGE DESIGN and CONTENT
As a first time visitor, this is what (at a glance – all I am willing to give for most new sites) the home page most prominently and immediately tells me today:
1. “Buy Shiny Independent Designs on Super-Great Products”
2. “The Redbubble Animal Adoption Center” – with a cutesy set of animal drawings
Looking for additional clues to gain an understanding of what the site is about I find:
- A second small window mentioning something about a featured artist with a small thumbnail image.
- And beside that, another saying something about “Let the games begin! A gallery of sporting images” (Timely at least!)
I then see a subheading saying ‘Found by RB’ with a pile of images of disparate content.
Finally, still seeking deeper insights I see that there is a ‘Shop’ with various sub-categories of products mentioned. And a subheading saying ‘Join RB’. Then if I linger long enough to find and open the ‘About Redbubble’ link I get to some harder information.
INTRIGUED BY THIS APPROACH, I WELCOME YOUR ‘MEMBER’ FEEDBACK:
1. SO WHAT HAS THE HOMEPAGE TOLD ‘ME’ (OR YOU) ABOUT RB REALLY?
2. DOES IS SAY WHAT YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE SAYING?
3. DOES IT EXPRESS YOUR EXPERIENCE OF BEING ONE OF ITS ARTISTS?
4. DOES IT CONVEY WHAT YOU STILL OR ONCE FOUND MOST EXCITING?
6. HOW WELL IS IT SERVING ANY PURPOSE YOU THINK IT SHOULD PURSUE?