A 10 frame HDR panorama image of this lovely Chapel. 10 portrait mode shots (2 sweeps of 5), tripod used and Nodal Ninja NN3 MK II Panoramic VR Tripod Head Kit
PLEASE VIEW LARGER
1089 views, 10 Features and 36 favouritings at 22nd November 2011
Canon 400D, Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM Lens at 17mm. ISO 100, f8, 3 bracketed shots per frame _2,0,+2 EV’s Tonemapped in Photomatix 3.2.6 and finished in CS4
Originally constructed at the end of the 13th century, construction was completed by Bishop Martin.
The Sedilia and tombs were added by Bishop Gower in the 14th centrury.
In the 16th century, Bishop Vaughan remodelled the Lady Chapel giving it a vaulted roof.
The roof lead was stripped in the mid 17th century and the vaulted ceiling eventually collapsed in the mid 18th century.
Restored in 1901 by Oldrid Scott the chapel still retains many medieval features. (Source: St David’s Cathedral Website)
A superb history of the Cathedral can be found Here
Featured in ‘Retired and Happy’ Group 30th July 2010
Featured in ‘Freedom to Shine’ Group 1st August 2010
Featured in ‘Australia verses UK’ Group 5th August 2010
Featured in ‘Photographers Vault’ Group 6th August 2010
Featured in ‘Religious Architecture’ Group 13th August 2010
Featured in ‘Religious Art and Photography’ Group 15th November 2010
Featured in ‘Postcard Destinations’ Group 7th December 2010
Featured in the ‘HDRI – No Holds Barred’ Group 26th May 2011
Featured in ‘Solo Exhibition’ April 2011