This rarely seen historic Rail Motor No. 7 was captured at Central Station beneath one of the older style signs. These signs have since been replaced.
The CPH (or 42 foot) railmotors were introduced by the New South Wales Government Railways in 1923 to provide feeder service on country branch lines.
They were often referred to as “Tin Hares”, having evolved at the same time as the mechanical lures used in greyhound racing in Australia.
Some of these veteran rail motors are preserved and still operational, including this one, CPH 7.
Central Railway Station, NSW, Australia.
Greeting Card – Mar 2012
That 70s Shot – Jun 2011
The World As We See It – Jun 2011
Remember When – Sep 2011
100 views at 8/7/11