Getting a bit homesick so here’s a few shots of home. The White Horse Inn in Beverley. First mentioned in 1666 as a coaching inn, the coach entrance can be seen on the left. From 1927 till 1976 the pub was owned by the Collinson family, Miss Nellie was the licencee and the pub became affecionately known as Nellies. More people know it as Nellies now than the White Horse. It is one of the few pubs in the world with its original gas lighting and on cold winter days open coal fires burn in each of its many small flagstoned rooms, so well known it even has its own website.