Date: June – September 2003
Medium: Digital Airbrush (Photoshop 7)
Depredation is a freehand digital painting I made to represent the connection between an artist’s emotions and the art that they create. I spent close to 60 hours working on this piece.
Click on the image to see a larger view. I originally painted this at double life size…. It’s huge!
This piece has been:
- In The Young Originals Exhibition 2003.
- A Finalist in the Quest For Excellence 2003.
- Displayed in the Year 12 Perspectives exhibition from May 15 till August 15 2004 at the West Australian Art Gallery.
- Displayed in Tokyo, Japan after the Perspectives exhibition in Western Australia.
- The art work that enabled me to win the IFAC $5000 art grant in association with the year 12 Perspectives exhibition.