A lone cow wanders around the cracked and dry edge of this billabong on the road from Glen Alice to Glen Davis which is situated in the magnificent Capertee Valley. The valley forms a canyon that is larger than the Grand Canyon in width. The town became the centre of an oil shale industry, from 1938 to 1952 but was abandoned in 1952 because shale oil was not viable following the war. There is not much left of the town today but the ruins of the shale works still exist with tours conducted on a Saturday afternoon. There are unpowered camp sites on the town reserve with good amenities and hot showers and a cafe.