© Richard Bean
H.H. Hay Building
Early morning on Congress Street
In Portland Square, where Congress, Free, and High Street meet, there stands a three story wedge-shaped building known as the “upper” H. H. Hay Building. There is a “lower” H. H. Hay building at Free and Middle Streets.
This building was built in 1826 and at the time, it had two stories and was named after its architect, Charles Quincy Clapp. In 1922, a third story was added by John Calvin Stevens. In 1978, Greater Portland Landmarks purchased the building after it had fallen into disrepair. H. H. Hay and Sons was a drug firm in the city.
21 Min’s prior to sunrise
Fog was beginning to roll in
Lens: Sigma 12mm-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM
Focal Length: 20mm
Final processing with Lightroom 4.3, Photoshop CS6, and various plug ins.