Today is the love of my life’s birthday!!! He is turning 30 years old!!!
To help celebrate, I have decided to buy him some t-shirts – one of my own and one from another lucky Red Bubblian. So, without further adieu, I present the Greg’s Birthday Contest!!!!!!
From now until October 1st anyone can submit a t-shirt design to this contest by adding a comment below. Here are the rules:
- The design must be on a t-shirt.
- The design should be tagged with GregBday08 (please tag your work if you want to have it considered, because we will be using this tag to browse the entries).
- You should place a link to your work in the comments section below. A simple link will do, but a photo link will be even better (brownie points!).
- There are no requirements for theme, style, or color (just make sure it follows standard Red Bubble Guidelines). You may want to read the below, short list of his likes to get an idea of things that will catch our eyes.
- Designs should be your original work and all sources should be cited appropriately. If it is one thing I abhor, it is designers who use images or other material from the internet and then do not give proper credit. So, please give credit where credit is due. That is all we ask.
|< — This is Greg.|
Some of Greg’s likes: dragons, science fiction, fantasy, witches & wizards, video games, board games, astrology, sodoku, chocolate, music, food, sushi, cocktails, traveling, road trips, computers, technology, coffee, hot chocolate, baking, cooking, robots, anything mechanical, the paranormal, mysteries, Halloween, sarcasm/wit, humor, and books.
Favorite colors: blue, gray, black, beige, brown, green, silver.
How it will work:
- On October 1st, I will announce that the contest is closed for entries.
- On October 2nd, Greg and I will log on to Red Bubble and do a search of the tag GregBday08 and we will browse through ALL the entries and add the finalists to my favorites list.
- On October 3rd, we will announce the winner via a journal posting and buy the winning design.
- After we receive the design, Greg will wear it for pictures and the pictures will be added to the buyer’s booth and to a special journal along with an interview promoting the winning designer. The winning design will also be featured in The Amazing Little Pieces of Awesomeness Gallery (formerly the B.Christopher Designs Virtual Gallery) and in my Monthly Addictions Showcase for October 2008.
So, not only will I buy the t-shirt, but I will promote the hell out of it as well! This is a fantastic opportunity, IMHO, and a great way to celebrate my partner’s b-day!!!! So, get cracking on submitting those designs!!! If your design is already in my favorites, you can still submit it – it just means you have one up on the competition but no guarantees. LOL!
Good luck to everyone and all.
~ Brian (bchris) :o)
P.S. I may not be on here until tomorrow cause now I have to go to the party.
P.P.S. I am submitting this to all of my groups because this covers a lot of area and I hope most group hosts would love their members to get in on the action!
NOTE: I added a few more likes to the list. Tee-hee…
Sep. 28th UPDATE: WOW!!!! I want to thank all those who have entered so far!!! Such great designs!!! Yes, you can submit more than one design. There is NO limit to the number of designs you can submit! Yay!!! Greg saw the post briefly before going to bed last night and was so touched by all of your comments! Thank you so much! :)
October 1st UPDATE: Thank you to all who have taken the time to enter this little contest of ours, we are so thrilled and excited by all the entries!!! Today is the final day and at midnight (Pacific Time – that is like 10 1/2 hours from now) we will end the contest and start going through the entries. I have already commented on some of the entries and have not had time to comment on all the latest entries because this week is full of family birthdays for us. Last night was my cousins bday and today is another cousins bday…phew…!!!! LOL! So, tonight is the finale and tomorrow the selection process begins! I cannot wait! I have a feeling there will be some exciting news on the 3rd, when we announce the winner! :)
October 2nd Update: The contest is “officially” closed. Sorry I was not here to close it right at midnight, but I was out late last night taking some of my cousins from Wales to Knott’s Scary Farm and celebrating birthdays. Two of them are leaving today, so it has been hectic to say the least. But, never fear, we will be selecting the finalists. Right now!!!!! So if your design gets favorited in the next few minutes, it is a finalist. I will also be writing a journal entry regarding the finalists after they have all been selected. Thanks again to everyone – all the designs are amazing! You can view ALL the finalists here. :)